Boils are pus-filled, large inflammations that occur on the surface of the skin. Boils can be symptoms for many other ailments or can be a skin infection. The primary treatment for boils is to let them completely heal on its own, lancing them in some cases. Hot compresses are also very beneficial in the treatment for boils.
Though lancing is a suggested treatment for boils it is not the best treatment you should undertake at home. Lancing needs an environment that is disinfected. There are other natural treatments for boils which you can do at home.
One main tip in the treatment for boils is that when the boil does burst, keep it constantly disinfected and clean. The pus from boil, if not cleaned, can quickly cause other boils. Usually bacteria cause the boils and white blood cells that fight infection in the body usually turn to pus in these boils. As the pus gathers in the boil, it forms a ‘head’. This head can be broken by giving it hot compresses. That is when you need to be careful.
Neem, a tree found on the Indian subcontinent, is great for disinfecting all kinds of skin-related disorders. A paste of the bark is very good for boils. It disinfects and cures skin ailments. Topical application of garlic cloves also helps the boil to burst and heal. Application of castor oil is also good for healing of boils.
Home Treatments for Boils Remedies
There are a number of home treatments for boils remedies that could be used along with the natural treatment for boils. Herbal medicines like Echinacea has anti viral and anti bacterial properties. This can help heal boils and prevent the formation of new boils.
• Ginger is also a very effective in bursting the boil as it helps the formation of the head.
• Oregano and grape seed extracts are also very beneficial to boils as they are used an anti inflammatory agent.
• Turmeric power, applied as a paste or a salve or even a poultice, is very good for the boils.
• As farfetched as it sounds, bread soaked in creamy milk and applied to boil is also known to give relief. It softens the taut boil and helps the pus to release.
• Parsley, in a poultice form, works very effectively in softening the boil and aiding the healing process after the boil has burst.
Keeping your skin clean and eating well is a good way prevent the boils altogether. If the boils on your body are appearing repeatedly and not healing quickly, it could be the sign of some other illness and you should go to your doctor to get yourself checked out.