Neck skin care is a vital part of one’s skin care regimen and this is important because thousands of people ignore the neck while concentrating on the face alone. If the skin around the neck is neglected it can dry up easily and lose its elasticity and start ageing prematurely. The skin in this region is extra sensitive because of the lack of sebaceous glands and the fact that it is not quite attached to a bone structure makes it more prone to wrinkles.
Neck skin care Tips
- The skin on the neck has to be taken care of using scrubs, exfoliators and moisturizers just like the face.
- The sunscreen lotion applied to the face must extend to the neck as well in order to protect the skin from sun damage. Use a sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 30 and use it while within the house as well. This is because the sun’s rays can penetrate indoors too. When going out, you must protect not only your face but neck as well from the dust and grime. Hence the scarf you use to cover your face must extend to the neck too. Use an umbrella or a wide brimmed hat when stepping out to protect the region from the harsh rays of the sun.
- Massage the neck with a little olive oil using your finger tips with upward strokes in the direction of your chin. Take care to avoid massaging the thyroid gland to ensure that it is not stimulated in the process. The olive massage will improve blood circulation to the area while also moisturizing it. It also prevents the skin in the region from developing rashes.
- You may alternate the olive oil with a little aloe vera gel for a soothing medicinal effect.Aloe vera can help regenerate skin, and is particularly beneficial in the case of rashes.
- Use a slice of lemon to rub onto your neck and if you wish you may put a little salt onto the sliced lemon before using it. This will help exfoliate the region and the lemon which acts as a natural bleaching agent will reduce dark spots.
- Mix a spoon of yoghurt with a spoon of oatmeal till you have a thick paste. Apply this evenly onto both the front and back of the neck and leave on for 15 minutes. You may then wash it off with cool water.
Consume a diet that is rich in fiber and drink plenty of water every day to ensure that your skin remains healthy.