Lipomas are bumps or deposits of fatty tissue that accumulate beneath the skin. They tend to be soft and can be easily moved around with one’s finger. They are mostly harmless, unless the deposit forms over areas where it can hit a nerve or an area where the fatty tissue accumulation can be disfiguring.
Normal procedure includes the doctor doing a check to ensure that the bump is only a lipoma and not something serious like a tumor. Once the nature of the bump is clearly ascertained and it is established to be a lipoma then the removal of the fatty deposit can be discussed. There are various methods by which the deposits can be got rid of; including surgery, steroid injections, laser treatment and liposuction. These are done at various places like the doctors clinic, hospitals or even cosmetic parlors.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Lipomas
However there are ways and means to get rid of these lipomas using home remedies too.
- Some of the home remedies for treating and getting rid of lipomas are application of castor oil. Try applying castor oil to the lipomas topically. This can be done several times a day for best results.
- Flaxseed oil is oil is known to be high in omega 3. Hence ingesting this oil can possibly help to dissolve the lipomas or at the minimum stifle the growth of the fatty tissues.
- The juice from the lemon fruit is known to help in eliminating toxins from a person’s body. It also helps in stimulating the liver. Thus it may help the body to digest the fats and thus further reduce the quantum and size of those fatty tissues that have deposited beneath the skin.
- Turmeric is known to have many beneficial properties. Many herbal experts suggest that making a mixture of turmeric powder and olive oil and applying it to the deposits of fatty tissues can help to soften these lipomas and thus reduce them.
- Eating a healthy and well balanced diet is always beneficial to people and particularly in the case of people suffering from lipoma growths. People who have tried to maintain healthy diet have actually reported a decline in the size and shape of the deposits. Avoiding eating fatty foods, like meats and dairy and eating lots of green and leafy vegetables and fruits is very beneficial. Also avoiding white flour and white sugar is helpful in keeping these fatty tissues under control. Eliminating processed foods, artificial sweeteners and eating chemical and preservative free foods helps make for a better diet and healthy eating.