Reason for Enlarged Pores
The natural oil that is produced by the sebaceous or oil glands of the body reaches the surface of the skin through the pores. Pores are present on the skin throughout the body and it is through the pores that the hair grows.
In some individuals the pores on the face may appear enlarged. The most common reason for enlarged pores is genetic factors. Certain individuals are born with the vulnerability to developing open pores. In some cases, the skin may be producing excess oil thereby causing the pores to widen. Improper hygiene may also contribute to open pores as dirt and dead skin cells may collect in the pores causing them to enlarge. Prolonged and continuous exposure to the sun causes thickening of the skin, which could also lead to enlarged pores. Sun exposure also results in collagen and elastic loss from the skin, causing the peripheries of the pores to get pulled down by the tissues beneath the surface of the skin.
Natural Way to Shrink Enlarged Pores
- One cannot really close enlarged pores, but it is possible to shrink them through proper cleansing methods and simple home remedies. Use a mild cleanser to clean the face regularly. The pores must be kept clean and free from oil and skin debris. Regular exfoliation of the skin is also beneficial in getting rid of dead skin cells and oil.
- The most effective way to shrink enlarged pores instantly is the application of ice. Place a cold compress over the open pores using ice or a cold washcloth. Using cold water to wash the face will also help to tighten the pores.
- Toning is also an effective way to shrink open pores. Go in for natural toners which will be gentle on the skin. Also opt for toners that are free of alcohol as this will prevent dryness of the skin. Apply toner to the skin twice a day to tighten the pores. A beneficial natural toner can be made using tomatoes. Mash a fresh tomato and apply to the face. Leave it on for five minutes and then rinse. Tomato juice helps to shrink the pores due to its acidic nature.
- Another home remedy for tightening the pores is to prepare a mixture of egg white and lemon juice. Warm the mixture slightly and after it cools, apply it to the face.
- Application of papaya to the face also helps to reduce the size of the pores. You can even add some lemon juice to the papaya before applying it.