Pimple marks can be quite stubborn and very often are not easy to get rid of. The scars and marks are a result of damaged tissues, which are sometimes permanent. Although pimple marks are not a serious condition, it may cause the affected person some anxiety. It can also affect the self esteem of a person and his/her social interactions adversely. Deep and permanent pimple marks may need removal with surgical methods, and you will need to get in touch with a dermatologist for this. However, surgical methods may be painful, require long-time treatment, have some side effects, and also prove to be very costly. You should discuss things thoroughly with the dermatologist before deciding on surgical treatments.
Natural Cures and Home Remedies for Pimple Marks
Meanwhile, if the pimple marks are minor, you can try out some of the home remedies to remove them or help them fade away.
• Make a paste by mixing sandalwood powder and gram powder with water. Apply this paste on your face and leave for about an hour before washing it off with cold water.
• Mix sandalwood powder with rose water and milk cream to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face and let it dry up naturally. Once the paste has dried up, wash your face with cold water.
• Massage your face gently with olive oil or almond oil every day. These oils provide essential nutrients to the skin and help repair damaged skin.
• Rub your pimple marks with lemon juice regularly. This may help fade the pimple marks.
• Rub your face with freshly cut slices of vegetables like potato, cucumber, or tomato. This will help cleanse your skin and also help the pimple marks to fade away.
• Use a mud pack prepared with Fuller’s earth to help exfoliate the dead skin cells. Use of mud face packs will help scrape off dead cells and also help in the regeneration of new skin.
• Apply aloe vera gel to wash off your face regularly. Aloe vera gel is beneficial for the skin and can help fade the pimple marks with prolonged use.
However, it is important to understand that you should be realistic while using these home remedies. If your pimple marks are due to permanent damage of skin tissues, no amount of home remedies can help you get rid of them. Also, most of these home remedies may take a long time bring in any noticeable effect, so you will need to be patient.