A black spot on the face could cause a lot of concern when it comes to beauty. A black spot on face can occur due to various reasons. There are certain skin conditions that may lead to appearance of dark spots on the skin. The intake of antibiotic medication can also lead to this problem. Apart from health problems, black spots on the face may also occur due to sun exposure. The pigment melanin which is produced by certain cells of the body helps to protect the skin from the harmful UV radiation of the sun. Concentrations of melanin could lead to the appearance of dark spots on the skin. Some individuals experience darkened patches and spots due to the natural process of ageing or hormonal imbalances. Liver disease, pregnancy and excessive stress are some of the other causes of black spots on the face. Here are some tips on how to remove black spot on face.
Home Remedies for Black Spot
• Lemon juice is one of the most effective home remedies for a black spot. Lemon juice serves as a natural bleaching agent and helps to lighten skin blemishes. Lemon juice may be applied directly to the affected area. You can also add some glycerin to the lemon juice and apply to the black spot on the face.
• Shea butter is also known to be effective in treating black spots. It is obtained from the shea tree and is known for its natural skin lightening properties. Shea butter is also contained in many skin care products.
• Another beneficial remedy for black spots is cucumber. Cucumber juice or grated cucumber may be applied to the affected areas to lighten them.
• A face mask made with mashed cucumber and rose water is known to be highly beneficial for treating black spots and also improving complexion.
• An age-old remedy for getting rid of skin blemishes is paste of rose water and saffron.
• Honey may also be added to saffron and applied over the black spots.
• A popular natural treatment for black spot is turmeric. Add some turmeric powder to milk and apply to the spots.
• Application of vitamin E oil is also known to help in removing black spots.
In order to prevent the occurrence of black spots due to sun exposure, it is important to use a good quality sunscreen before going outdoors. Some of the other remedies for treating black spots on the skin include massage with natural oils such as olive, almond and coconut oil, or use of skin packs made with nourishing natural ingredients.