Overall health, diet and exercise all play a key role in an individual having smooth and glowing skin. One of the ideal ways to develop and maintain smooth and glowing skin would be to have a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as they have a very high concentration of antioxidants that keep the body and thereby the skin well hydrated. In order to make rough skin smooth, one should consume foods rich in Vitamin E.
Home Remedy for Making Rough Skin Smooth
- Some of the simple home remedies for smooth skin would include mashing a ripe banana with milk and applying this paste like mixture on the rough skin for a minimum of 20 minutes. This paste should then be washed with cold water to get a noticeably smoother skin.
- Plain honey also comes very handy in getting smooth skin. It should be directly applied the rough skin and washed off thoroughly with cold water. Honey may also be applied along with egg white as a home remedy for making rough skin smooth.
- A simple home made face scrub can be prepared by mixing a teaspoon of walnut powder with lemon juice and honey. The face or rough skin area should be rubbed with this paste. Doing so will help scrub away the dry skin cells, leaving the skin smoother.
- Another home remedy which will address the question of how to make skin smooth involves boiling a head of cabbage in plain water and then washing the face with this water.
- It is also beneficial to massage your face or the dry skin area for 10- 15 minutes everyday with a mixture of egg whites and corn flour as this will stimulate the blood circulation and help in the generation of new smooth skin cells.
- Mango peels may also be dried and powdered and mixed with a tablespoon of milk to make a paste like mixture which should then be applied on the rough skin area.
- Another effective home remedy is applying Vaseline all over the rough skin area after a shower. Then go for a shower again after an hour. This process should be repeated 2- 3 times a month to make rough skin smooth.
As discussed earlier, one should also consume foods such as oranges, tomatoes, limes, sweet potatoes etc. which provide the body and consequently the skin all the required nutrients such as vitamin C and omega – 3 to keep it smooth and glowing.