Care for Soft and Supple Skin
Having clean, moist, soft and supple skin is almost every woman’s dream and achieving that dream is not impossible. It is important for you to understand what your skin requires and how to take care of your skin. There are three essential factors that effect the suppleness & elasticity of your skin - firmness, smoothness and hydration. As you age, your skin will lose these qualities, therefore becoming less soft and supple. In order to get supple skin, it is important to make sure that you drink a lot of water or other nutritional fluids. Water cleanses the cells of the body, revitalizing the skin. On a hot day, just spray some water on your face and do not dry it with a towel. Instead, allow the water to stay on your face and let it dry off naturally. Applying a good moisturizer after that, to retain the water content. One of the best ways of pampering your skin, is by taking a milk bath. You can make your own milk bath at home by using powdered and evaporated milk. Fill about one thirds of a bathtub with warm water and add four ounces of the powdered milk to it, allowing it to dissolve properly. Then, add one can (12 ounces) of evaporated milk to the tub and mix it well. Then fill the tub with more water, if required. You can also add more powdered or evaporated milk to the bath, if required. Soak in the bathtub and allow your skin to absorb the nutrients present in the milk, for at least 20 minutes or so. After you are done soaking for about 20 minutes, you will feel your skin much softer and smoother.
Tips and Home Remedies to Get Soft Skin
There are also many home remedies that can help you get soft skin. Given below are a few soft skin tips that you can try at home:
- Mix some milk, with some mashed banana and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, before washing it off cold water, to give your skin a glow.
- Applying honey on your skin for about 20 minutes and then washing it off with cold water will make your skin soft, smooth and glowing. You can even mix egg whites with the honey occasionally.
- Mix a teaspoon of walnut powder, lemon juice and honey to make a paste and use it to scrub your face. Leave the paste on to your face for about 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- After taking a shower, apply some petroleum jelly on your entire body and leave it on for at least an hour, before taking another shower. Try this activity at least twice a month.
- Mix two teaspoons of sugar, in three teaspoons of a good baby-oil. Rub the mixture on your feet, hands, as well as other body parts and leave it in for about fifteen minutes, before washing it off with warm water.