Sun tanned skin is skin that has been exposed to the sun and turned a couple of shades darker. This happens because once the skin is exposed to the sun; it produces melanin to combat the harmful effects of the sun’s harmful rays.
Do you know how to get rid of tanned skin? There are a number of methods you could use in your treatment for tanned skin. There are many home remedies for sun tanned skin as well. Lemon juice has bleaching properties and can be applied directly to the skin to remove the suntan. Lemon juice with grated potato also helps as potato also has bleaching properties that will help in treating the sun tanned skin. You can apply these mixtures as many times in a day and as long as you feel your skin color has not returned to normal. Glycerine, lemon juice and honey, also can be massaged into the skin to remove the effect of sun tanning. Aloe vera gel, plain or mixed with lemon juice, works wonders on skin that is tanned or even sun burnt.
Home Remedies for Sun Tanned Skin
You can also apply yogurt to your skin daily. This moistens the skin and gently removes the effect of the tanning.
• A pack of powdered almonds, oatmeal with milk or yogurt is very good for the skin and can remove tanning effects.
• You can rub slices of tomato and potato too, regularly to remove the tanned effects.
• Application of tomato juice is also very good to lighten your skin.
• A rub of sugar and lemon juice, applied with lemon peels, all over the sun tanned area is good to rid the tanning effect. You can actually vigorously scrub this in as it can act a bleaching pack.
• You can also apply mashed papaya with milk to reduce the sun tan effect on your skin.
• Rinsing the tanned areas with an equal mix of water and apple cider vinegar helps take the sting of.
• A pack of dried and ground orange peel with yogurt can really be a cooling remedy for sun tanned skin.
• If your skin is more burnt than tanned, you can even rub it with ice and rose water to first cool it before trying to remove the tanning effect.
You should hydrate well in the summer and remember to regularly apply sunscreen at two-hour intervals. This should continue even if you are suntanned or are going to remain indoors. Also eat enough raw fruits and vegetables to keep your body light and healthy with fiber.