A facial scrub is very useful in quickening the process of the removal off dead skin cells which then permits the newer skin beneath it to come through. There are numerous ways to make effective and inexpensive homemade facial scrubs. There are homemade facial scrubs for oily skin, normal skin and even for dry skin. Homemade face scrubs can be created from a whole host of ingredients like cucumber, pineapple, grapefruit, orange etc.
Recipes for Homemade Face Scrubs
- A simple homemade face scrub recipe involves grating one or two fresh cucumbers in a bowl. Next proceed to squeeze the juice of a single lemon and add it to this bowl and mix well. The resulting paste is very effective as a face scrub. This can be done at least twice or thrice in a week or for best results.
- Another simple face scrub can be made by taking a couple of oranges and peeling them. Keep the peels in the sun till they are dried and then powder the dried peels to a grainy consistency. Next proceed to mix some fresh yogurt to this dried and granulated orange peel. This can be used as great face scrub on all skin types. Wash this scrub off with warm water. This can be repeated 3 – 4 times a week.Orange has some properties that help in reducing any facial scars and also that leaves one’s skin feeling soft and nourished.
- One can even try making a great face scrub from freshly picked mint leaves. Simply grind a handful of these mint leaves and squeeze out the juice. Then mix this juice with a dash of water. This resulting mixture can either be drunk or can be applied as a scrub on ones face. Mint leaves are very useful in clearing up one’s skin and reducing any acne.
- Try separately mashing up a couple of avocados and mixing it with water. Then use this over one’s face once or twice a week. Avocados are useful in helping to heal damaged and scarred skin.
- Similarly you can mix dried lemon peel with an equal portion of dried orange peel. Then add a dash of milk to this mixture and use as a face scrub.One can even add honey to this mixture or rose water for great results.
- Try separately mixing a teaspoon of milk along with some ground rose petals and some apricot powder. One can add honey to this paste and use it as a great scrub or one can even leave it on the face to form a face mask.