Face wrinkles are one of the most common problems faced by people all over the world, irrespective of gender. Although aging gracefully has its own charm, the development of wrinkles on facial skin is not welcomed by almost everyone. With an advance in age, the skin loses some of its ability to retain moisture and its elasticity, thereby leaving it dry and susceptible to the formation of wrinkles. Although there are numerous procedures that have been designed to help with the removal of wrinkles and make one look younger, there are also numerous side effects that are associated with these procedures, aside from being extremely expensive and sometimes painful.
Home Made Facial Masks to Prevent Wrinkles
Drinking plenty of water is the best known remedy advised as it ensures that the body has a regulated fluid content, while keeping the skin hydrated, moisturized and free from dryness that leads to the formation of wrinkles. There are a number of home made facial masks that have been recommended for use in order to prevent wrinkles from forming on facial skin.
- The use of honey, carrot juice and baking soda in the form of a paste, when applied to the face, and left on for at least twenty minutes acts as an effective remedy. The mask should be wiped off with cotton wool dipped in warm water. The paste helps in rejuvenating the skin and cleansing the pores of dirt particles, making the skin feel fresh and helping it to breathe easily.
- Another commonly used homemade face mask is made by mixing the white of an egg with some milk cream. Before the mixture is applied to the face, one must ensure that the paste is smooth and contains no lumps. The face mask can be washed off in a few minutes.
- Similarly, a banana mask can be made by mashing a ripe banana and adding a few drops of rose water to it. Once the face mask is applied and left on for approximately twenty minutes, it should be washed off with lukewarm water. The banana content in the face mask gives the skin a firm texture while the rose water helps to clean the pores.
- A face mask that is made with the help of green seedless grapes, by cutting the grape in half and rubbing it over the face, especially over areas where wrinkles are more pronounced, is known to be of great help.
- Another effective method of preventing wrinkles is ensuring that your facial skin does not lose excess moisture each time you wash it, therefore pat your face dry instead of wiping it with a towel.