Rashes on the skin , especially the face may occur on account of a plethora of reasons ranging from acne, fungi,genetics,parasites and even adverse or allergic reactions to certain facial products. The most common type of facial rash is Rosacea which is characterized by a reddish pigmentation of the skin. This could also involve hyper sensitivity of the infected area to sunlight or even a burning like sensation. Before trying out any home remedy for treating a red rash on the face, it is always advisable to contact a qualified doctor or a specialist in skin care.
Home Remedy for Treating Red Rash on Face
- One of the temporary solutions to a red facial rash would be to use a cool or warm compress against the area which will help soothe it and control the itchiness.
- Additionally, prepare a mixture of ground nutmeg and unboiled milk. Apply this mixture on the red rash on the face and leave it for a couple of hours. This not only helps in getting rid of the rash but also ensure that there is no or minimal scarring.
- Consumption of minerals like zinc and Vitamin B tablets along with tea tree oil and thyme has also proved to be beneficial.
- Similarly, one can also apply the juice of raw papaya which should also contain the skin and seeds, on the facial rash. This helps in treating the red rash on the face.
- The pulp of a cucumber or a ripe tomato is highly effective in treating a red rash on the face. This pulp should be applied on the face and allowed to remain for at least an hour before washing it off.
- A slightly lengthy but effective home remedy would be preparing a mixture of cinnamon powder and honey and applying this paste on the red facial rash before sleeping. The mixture should be washed off only the next morning. This process should be repeated daily for two weeks for best results.
- Another easy and effective home remedy for a red rash on the face would involve making a paste of orange peel with some water and applying it on the affected area.
Diet also plays an important role in the healing process of facial rashes. Include a lot of carbohydrates in your daily diet along with food shaving a low glycemic index
Care should also be taken to ensure that only chemical free and natural creams are used on the face which should ideally also have the benefit of SPF which keeps the skin protected and clean.